Age

You must be 21 years of age or older to view the stories on this blog.

Ficlet: 5-4-3-2-1



I was going to finish chapter 8 of Destiny's Refuge, but something else demanded to be written.


Title: 5-4-3-2-1
Characters: Neanderthal/Wench

“Do your countdown.” The voice came from the edge of the abyss. Too far for me to be bothered to obey. I was mired in stress.


But suddenly I had no choice. His hand wrapped around my wrist like an iron shackle. With a yank of his hand, I was standing beside him. I tensed waiting for his punishing hand to descend. Instead, he led me down the hall into the bedroom.


His hands reached for the bottom of my shirt. He paused, his eyes met mine, seeking consent. At my nod, he carried on undressing me.


Our lovemaking couldn’t be contained to one rhythm. Soft tender touches turned to demands to quench the hunger. Whimpers of need became cries of completion.


As we lay spent, he bade again, “Do your countdown.”


“Five,” I whispered. “Your chest rising and falling. The grey light coming in the window. Our comforter bunched at the foot of the bed. The sweat beaded on your forehead. The clock racing toward tomorrow.”


“Keep going,” he commands.


“Four. I feel my heart thumping. The rumpled sheets. The coolness of the air conditioner. Your hand on my stomach.” I shiver as said hand caresses me.


“Three things I hear. I hear the rain on the patio. Your breathing calming. The birds at the feeders.”


“Good. Continue.”


It’s easier now as I say stronger, “I can smell two things. The scent of our lovemaking and the ozone from the rain.”


I roll on top of him for the last. “One emotion I feel inside. Love. For you. And from you.”


“No stress?” He asks, but his voice sounds confident in knowing the answer.


“Only that which is manageable.” At his nod of satisfaction, I tease him. “Your count down always tends to help me.”


Laughter rings out as he flips me over. He completes his own countdown using my body.


He growls, “Five things I see. Your mouth. Your eyes. Your.....”.


End




2 comments:

  1. What an unexpected countdown. I was expecting something savage, but it turned out to be graceful and soothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Mackenzie! I love that you think it's "graceful and soothing"!

      Dizzy

      Delete