Age

You must be 21 years of age or older to view the stories on this blog.

Neanderthal and Wench: The Bath



I've several series I'm working on-my zombie story, my Another Life series, and other stories. But Neanderthal and Wench demanded to be written.  Just a short little piece. 

Title: The Bath
Characters: Neanderthal/Wench
Series: Neanderthal and the Wench

I keep squirming thinking about it. It’s like it keeps playing out in my head and making me…what? Uncomfortable? Not sure that’s the right word. It was discipline. Just not the way we usually do discipline.

It’s not what you think. It wasn’t a spanking. That wouldn’t leave me uncomfortable. I mean, yeah, it would but in a different way. It was a bath.

It wasn’t our usual bath-for-two scenes. We’ve been together since right after the dinosaurs stopped roaming the earth. Neanderthal and I’ve done a lot of fun and naughty things in the bath. But this time it was different.

I’m rambling. Let me explain.

Life’s been hard. No surprise. Life’s hard for everyone. For me, it’s been physically hard. Work’s been crazy busy. Like busier than it’s ever been before. And due to some medication changes and a couple of chronic conditions, fatigue has been declared the winner in the battle for my body. Then I thought I was still a teenager and could stay up all night and still have energy for the day. Boy, was I wrong in thinking that!

So yeah, physically, I’m tired. But also emotionally. Being over-sensitive-wait! No! I didn’t use that word. Or is it two words? Or is it two hyphenated words? Well, whatever it is, I didn’t use it! The Neanderthal thinks when I use that term it’s cutting myself down. And his strange way of building me back up is by spanking. Seriously! Spanking. To build someone up. Have you ever heard of something so ridiculous? I mean, in what world does spanking make someone feel better? Yeah, you’re right. In my world.

Argh. I’m rambling again. This whole thing has flustered me.

I’ve been tired both physically and mentally; I turned to Neanderthal and said, “I need to take a bath but I’m so tired and….just exhausted.” I was going to say “and lazy” but he thinks the word lazy is another one of those put-downs.

Neanderthal looked at me. Then he stood up. His big arms hanging down just like a Neanderthal’s. He reached out and took my wrist. Then he dragged me into the bathroom. He turned and locked the door.

Once he released my wrist from his big, hairy hands, he started to run the bathwater.

“What are you doing?” I asked baffled.

Neanderthal held up his pointer finger. You know that sign. The “wait just a minute” finger.

I had a different finger I wanted to hold up, but I like my bum non-spanked.

When the water was to his liking and about halfway filling the bathtub, Neanderthal turned to me and started undressing me.

I tried to stop him, but he was insistent. “Honey. I really don’t want sex right now. I really am tired.”

He just raised those bushy eyebrows at me and went back to undressing me. Then he did the strangest thing. He gave me a bath! He helped me in the bathtub. Picked up a washcloth and soaped it. Then he washed me. Not in a sexy, “we’re gonna have fun" way but in a “let’s get you cleaned up” way.

He turned on the faucet again and filled up a plastic cup. He tilted my head and poured the water over my hair. He did it again and again until my hair was wet. He squirted some shampoo in his hand. Then he lathered up my hair. Once he thought it was clean, he rinsed it using the plastic cup.

He pushed the plug to drain out the water. He held my hand to help me stand up. Once I was out of the tub, he dried me with a towel. He wrapped it around my chest. He did let me wrap my wet hair in another towel, then led me into our bedroom. There he dressed me in my favorite pajamas-a big t-shirt and stretch pants.

Throughout this strange ordeal, we didn’t talk. I don’t know why he didn’t talk. I was stunned into silence.

I mean. This was sweet. But so odd!

This was weird!  But very kind.

It was comforting.

It was loving.

And with that revelation, I’m no longer uncomfortable. I don’t think it will become part of our routine. Let’s face it, Neanderthal is old. Like, he walked the earth with the dinosaurs old. And I’m independent. OK, I’ll be honest, I’m a control freak. I don’t want someone bathing me all the time! But once in a while. Maybe.

But for now, I’m still tired. I’m clean but tired. So I’m off to bed.

End

Read more Neanderthal and Wench stories.





1 comment: