Age

You must be 21 years of age or older to view the stories on this blog.

Very Short Story: The Bench



This is very different than what I normally post. I was just missing my mom.


The Bench

“Let’s go.” Excitement danced in her voice. Adventure found everywhere.

Beaches & forest. Mountains & rivers. Magic wherever we went.

Until. The enemy within. No hero to be found.

“Let’s go.” A whisper of longing.

The bench; grudgingly a compromise. The war lost. No survivors.

An empty bench cascades with memories. Magic still abounds.

“Let’s go.” Adventure and magic alone to find.

End



The Bench





2 comments:

  1. I'm wishing you so much peace and love, Dizzy. This is touching and really gives me a picture of what your mom was like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Zillah! She enjoyed adventures!

      Delete