Age

You must be 21 years of age or older to view the stories on this blog.

Drabble: Hug



I've been in a drabble mood. Writing quick, little moments of life. This one is in response to the Hug challenge.  When you don't feel like a hug, but some Neanderthal gives you one anyway.


Drabble: Hug

I try not to glare as he stands before me with arms open. I don’t want a hug. I want to sit and reflect on this horrible, awful day. Reflect, not sulk. Definitely not pout.

He clears his throat. He has one eyebrow raised. I want to tell him he should see a doctor about that particular affliction. But I want to be swatted even less than I want to be hugged.

Resigned to my fate, I stand up and quickly engulfed in his arms. Tension drains from my body. Maybe a hug isn’t such a bad thing after all.

End


For more, you can visit Neanderthal and Wench page.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dizzy

    No a hug isn’t so bad after all, but sometimes the eyebrow knows we need one before we do.
    🙂Mark

    ReplyDelete