Age

You must be 21 years of age or older to view the stories on this blog.

Joel Chapter 9

Title: Joel Chapter 9
Characters: Joel/Teegan; Archer/Trey
Series: Another Life

A/N: The people on Gliese use a lot of Ancient Greek in their language.  Kalos is shortened from Didaskalos meaning teacher, instructor, guide.  Agape means love.  Anax means lord or king.

Turning over in his bed, Joel looked through the window in his bedroom.  The deep dark purple of the sky told him that although the sun hadn't risen yet, dawn wasn't too far away.  He sighed heavily and threw off the covers.  Sleep had eluded him throughout the night.  He was restless; he felt as though he was being called to do something he wasn't sure he could do.   Slipping on the pants and tunic that Archer had given him, Joel quietly left his room.  Though the house was dark, Joel navigated his way quickly to the front door.  

The air held just a hint of coolness as the seasons were changing.  Joel followed the path to the river that lay just beyond the shed that Archer and Trey used to make their pottery.  Once at the river's edge, Joel sat down on a large boulder.  Sitting there, Joel watched the water tumble downstream and marveled at the sounds of this new world.  Insects buzzing, frogs chirping and small animals scampering around getting their morning drink before larger animals came were sounds that hadn't been heard on earth since before Joel was born.  Yet for the first time since coming to Gliese, Joel felt unsettled.  His mind wasn't taking in all the wonder of this world; his mind was occupied with one person: Teegan.  The young warrior submissive who was leaving now that the harvest was over.

Suddenly he felt a presence near him. He looked up to see Archer next to him.

"I didn't mean to wake you," Joel said as the other man sat down beside him.

"It wasn't you so much as your thoughts; they crept into my dreams and woke me," Archer said.

"I'm sorry.  I couldn't sleep and I decided to come here to gather my thoughts," Joel replied without looking at Archer.

"And did your thoughts gather to an image of a sub you recently met?" the big dom asked.

Shifting his body away from Archer, Joel tried to act confused.  "You mean Teegan?"

"You know who I mean." Archer scolded.  "You want to go with him.  When he returns to Tarvos."

"I know I shouldn't!  I know I'm weak!  I still need you, my Kalos." Joel jumped to his feet.  He knew his voice held desperation and confusion as he turned back to the man.  He silently pleaded with his mentor, his savior, to understand. "But there's something that calls to me to go with him.  To see him safely home.  To be with him.  Its like I have shackles on my heart that keep me constantly linked to him."

Archer rose and placed his hands firmly on Joel's shoulders.  He wanted to anchor the new dom and give him some of his own strength. "We've talked before of not knowing what the universe holds for us.  The only ones who know for sure are the Historians.  Unfortunately, neither of us are of that race, so we must rely on our instincts.  Your's are telling you to follow, or maybe to lead, Teegan home.  I cannot stop you.  My own instincts will not allow it. So, I will help you prepare and tell you to go in peace."

Joel looked in relief at his mentor.  He should have known that the other dominant would understand.  "Thank you, Kalos."

"It will not be easy, though I will help you all I can. But first we need to go home. Trey will be wondering where we've gone."

At Archer's words, Joel was startled to see the purple sky had given way to the pale yellows and blue with the sun rise.  He must have let his mind wander longer than he had thought.  Side by side the two men walked back up the path.

Joel felt more hope walking back to the cottage than he had when he left it.  Nothing had been settled, but he had shared his worries.  And Archer had listened.  It wasn't just the bright colorfulness of this new world that was different than earth; it was also that people cared for one another. Humans on earth had known unconsciously that their time was limited so life was lived by looking out for one's self.  To have someone to lean on, someone offer to help, was a new and comforting feeling to Joel.  No words were spoken between the men as they approached the cottage, but Joel felt the support of the dominant beside him.

The two men were greeted by the sight of Trey standing with his hands on his hips as soon as they entered the warm home. "Was there a secret meeting of the council of the dominants that prohibited you from letting me know you were leaving me alone?"

Archer gave Joel a quick wink, turned to the irritated sub and said, "yes, there was.  The agenda included new ways to torture and subjugate mouthy submissives."

"Promises and pledges?  I'm so excited!" Trey exclaimed.  Laughter was in his voice and eyes as he jumped on to Archer.  His arms wrapped around the big man's neck; legs wrapped around his waist.

"Uh!" Archer grunted and braced himself against the smaller man's weight.  "Yes, agape, I promise and pledge!"

This is what was calling to him, Joel thought as he watched the two men lovingly tease each other.  He wanted to see Teegan smile and laugh.  It called to him not just from his heart and soul but from all of his being. 

"Hello?  Am I intruding?" The man who had been the focus of Joel's thoughts asked from the open doorway.

Joel smiled and beckoned Teegan inside.  "Not at all."

Disentangling himself from Archer, Trey invited the other sub in.  "Welcome, Teegan!  You are in time for the morning meal."

"Oh, I do not mean to interrupt," Teegan started but Joel grabbed his hand and pulled him inside the room.  Then shut the door firmly.

"Come on. Trey was just about to serve the muesli," Joel said. 

Trey turned and took the large pot off the stove.  As he ladled the hot cereal into the bowls, the other men sat down.  As they ate the meal, Archer said, "Joel tells me you are leaving tomorrow."
"Yes. We'll travel on the river for a day and then two days to cross the mountains," Teegan said.

The hint of sadness in the young sub's voice urged Joel to comfort him.  "Teegan, what would you say if I told you that you wouldn't be going alone?"

"No, I won't be alone.  I'll go with the others."

Joel smiled.  "No, I meant. I would like to go with you."

"You would?  You would go with me?  You would meet with the Anax?"

"Teegan, I'm learning that with you, there is much I would do."

"What? Go with Teegan? No! You can't leave us!" Trey shouted, jumping to his feet. 

"Trey-" Joel started.

"No!  Tarvos is cold!  It's far away!  I won't allow it!" The submissive continued to shout.

"It is not to you to allow or not allow." Archer's voice wasn't loud, but it reverberated in the small kitchen.  "This is not your decision."

"But we just got him!  He can't leave!" Tears started to fall down his face. "He's ours!"

"Please, allow me?" Joel asked Archer.  At the other man's nod, Joel stood and took the small sub in his arms.  "Yes, I am yours," he whispered in Trey's hair. "But like the clay you mould into beautiful vessels you have also moulded me.  You have given me a new life.  One with strength and health.  You have given me a life I never dreamed possible.  Would you deny me that?"

Trey sniffed and said in a small voice, "No, but-"

"Shhh.  No buts, except for your's turning red if you continue to throw such a tantrum. Archer has a limited supply of patience.  I'll return.  I'll come back to see you.  How could I not?"

"Pledge and promise?"

Giving the sub a hard kiss on his forehead, Joel gave his word.  "I pledge and promise."

"If the tantrum is over, might we continue the discussion?" Archer growled.  

"Yes, Arkhe."

"Of course, Kalos."

When all the men were once again seated, Archer said, "I worry for you, Joel. The journey is a hard three day.  That is with only a short stop for the midday meal."

"We could take longer.  We could take five days and still be home before the heavy rains begin," Teegan said.

Joel's face burned.  His sub was babying him!  He knew that his body wasn't yet as strong as Teegan's.  A life breathing polluted air.  A life filled with malnourishment.  Bad water.  The list went on as to why his body was so weak.  Shame burned throughout his body and mind. "I can make the trip! Do not try and pacify me!" His voice as sharp.

"I'm not.  I'm pleased to show you our terra.  To show you the wonders of this place," Teegan said.  Then shyly added, "we'll get to know each other better."

Joel didn't know whether Teegan was handling him with kid's gloves, but the thought of spending time alone with the young sub made up for it.  Taking Teegan's hand in his own, he said, "so, if we are to leave in the morning, I have much to do today."

The day would be busy preparing for the journey, gathering all the supplies the two men would need, but Joel's restlessness had calmed.  He would be with Teegan.

End chapter 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment