Age

You must be 21 years of age or older to view the stories on this blog.

The Neanderthal

The Neanderthal and I are celebrating our 28th year of marriage.  A friend wrote a poem for us and has given me permission to post it here on my blog.  Thanks JL for making the Neanderthal swing his arms and beat his chest in laughter at this!


The Neanderthal
by JL
 
He is a Neanderthal, yes he is.
He thinks he owns me, that I am his.
I indulge him often, since I am so kind.
If he tells me to sit, I do so to rest my behind.
Not because it’s an order or it is he who has said it.
Or to keep my two back cheeks from being well lit.
I do obey him because I am so sweet.
Not because hand and bottom might meet.
If he suggests looking at a corner, I do so with grace.
I know it’s because he’s distracted by my beautiful face.
If he gets bothered and says “Early to bed!”
I know it is not because I am SO dead.
But the order has come because his poor, simple mind
Cannot possibly understand someone such as my kind.
I don’t say a word when he becomes a bossy old bore.
Words are not as good as a slam of a door.
I mean, slamming a door is not at all bad.
I’d never do anything to make him so mad.
You see he’s a Neanderthal, and I’m a neanderthal’s wife.
It is not easy, but that is our life.
He is boorish and bossy and protective and strong.
I am moody and bratty and loving and gone…
On his love for me and my love for him.
We have chosen each other and not on a whim.
Each day is likely to hold cuddles and kisses and spanks
Dark moods and bright moods, smiles and thanks.
Do you have a Neanderthal?  You should look for one.
You might end up a bit sore, but they’re totally fun!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! What a great gift. Loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a wonderful gift? I love it and had to share it with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great poem!
    If this is your life then I am happy for you Dizzy

    All the best
    Mark

    ReplyDelete